Optical Maintenance Technician
Duplium, a manufacturer of optical discs located in Thornhill, Ontario has an immediate vacancy for an Optical Maintenance Technician.
Your flexibility, innovative style and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team driven environment make you a perfect fit for this role. If these attributes along with your energy, passion and commitment to results orientation describe you – we want to hear from you!
Ensure all equipment is safe to operate running quality product. Repair optical disc equipment to maximize up-time. Ensure that the PM schedule and inventory of spare parts is well maintained.
- Troubleshoot/adjust/repair CD/DVD and their peripheral equipment as needed. Keep accurate repair logs accessible to other CD staff and management for reference purposes.
- Implement all maintenance and calibration activities associated with optical disc replication and auxiliary equipment.
- Support and assist with production in maintaining process yield and throughput.
- Maintain a clean room environment, reduce contamination.
- Ensure proper technique and protocol is followed by each operator. Apply training and corrective action as required.
- Provide comprehensive advanced troubleshooting and PM training to selected molding/mastering staff. Monitor performances/yields of all CD and DVD equipment. Forward reports to management as required.
- Maintain contact with equipment manufacturers for all technical issues.
- Maintain/monitor spare parts log. Order parts as required.
- To operate molding equipment if/when required by production
- Various other duties as assigned.
A certificate or degree in (mechanical/electrical) engineering or equivalent work experience within a related field is required. Three years experience in a related field an asset.
Excellent communication skills, (20/20 vision). This position requires good English written and verbal communication skills, technical problem solving and a “no-quit” attitude. Computer skills include word processing, spreadsheet and electrical/mechanical and process schematic interpretation.
Must be able to work the afternoon shift – 3pm to 11pm, however training will be provided during the day.
Oops! We could not locate your form.